Friday, June 22, 2012

I'm back at my friends' Jerusalem apartment, our dear and outrageously generous friends Jonathan Livny and Helen Green. The Peres Conference ended this evening. What an amazing 2 1/2 day gathering of 5000 people from around the world it was! Check out haaretz.com or probably jpost.com -- or the Conference website at http://www.presidentconf.org.il/2012/en/minisite/ for ALL details -- including (I think recordings of sessions).

I'll tell more when I have a chance to sit at my computer and pore over my 40+ pages of notes.
In the meantime, it's after midnight here in Jerusalem, and my ride to the airport for my flight to Germany comes at quarter to 4 a.m. So I'll call it a night and catch up Friday afternoon (if I get a chance) or after the Shabbat "previewed" below. . . in Bielefeld.

At the end of a delightul session about the Arts in Israel and how they affect people's view of Israel around the world, Noa (Achinoam Nini) was prevailed on to sing "just a little." I grabbed a video of the conclusion of one of this unique artist's best known songs.  She is indeed an international treasure.

Noa

No comments:

Post a Comment